PTFI’s Grasberg operations consist of a number of world-class mines that are targeted to produce some 240,000 tons of copper ore daily. These include the Grasberg Open Pit, DOZ panel cave, and the Big Gossan open stope mine. Equally important are the mines under development and study. Development is well advanced at the GBC panel cave mine and the DMLZ panel cave mine and studies are being initiated for the Kucing Liar panel cave mine. Current mine plans call for the Grasberg pit to be complete at the end of 2018 at which time production will solely be from underground mines with production ramping up to some 240,000tpd by the middle of the next decade as GBC and DMLZ panel caves are brought on line. The approximate CAPEX is in excess of $10b and when at full capacity Grasberg operations will be one of the largest underground operations in the world; delivering the future of PTFI.
The Underground Geotechnical Group has a major role in the successful transition to underground era; ensuring that the underground operations are geotechnically reliable; the global and local support systems provide a safe working environment; and the caves are monitored and managed to provide the expected revenue stream. The work carried out by the group includes rock mass characterization, support design, ground control, hydrology, QA/QC of support systems, monitoring of ground and cave behavior and evaluation/prediction of cave performance.
This position reports to the Vice President of Technical Services and is required to support the group in best practices for Underground (UG) Geology & Geotechnical functions. Responsibilities are to provide oversight in the setup of new ground control and monitoring systems for the UG Mines.
1. Provide oversight and input in the building of programs and processes that ensure best practices are developed within the UG Geology and Geotechnical group.
2. Understand and ensure that all Governmental and PTFI regulations, laws and procedures are followed and adhered to with ground control and mining practices.
3. Develop and socialize proper work procedures to ensure quality of workmanship, technically competent workmanship and safe workmanship.
4. Ensure adherence to standard PTFI safety programs. Fully participate in FRESH requirements and reporting programs. Further develop area specific safety programs that address risks in critical working areas.
5. Develop and implement key performance metrics that accurately measure performance and encourage continued improvement in UG work areas as they pertain to Geology and Geotechnical Engineering.
6. Develop and implement workflow processes that assign responsibility for ensuring proper ground support in all operational and development areas.
7. Develop, implement, and oversee succession plans that develop employees with high potential so that the organization continues to grow and develop.
8. Investigate, develop, and implement continuous improvement programs that encourage improved productivity, safety and efficiencies.
9. Work with the QA/QC group to fully develop roles and responsibilities and ensure the culture promotes work of the highest standard.
10. Ensure records are properly created and maintained to comply with best practices and DEMR regulations.
11. Provide leadership for the working groups that allows subordinates to have clear direction and a sense of belonging and worth.
12. Develop and implement new communication strategies that promote open dialogue between the Technical Support group and Operations.
13. Mentor and coach employees in all levels of the department so that their skill sets are improved both technically and professionally.
14. Continual development, socialization, and implementation of the ground control management plan and relevant inspection techniques necessary to identify and communicate hazards and improve on current conditions.
15. Assist in the development of improved training modules for developing competencies for the workforce in ground condition identification.
Bachelor’s Degree (S1) in Geology or Geotechnical Engineering or Business with fifteen (15) years of experience in UG Mining.
Experience in UG ground control systems.
Proven experience in managing a large group of employees.
Experience in setting up technical reports, scheduling systems, running projects and business management.
Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
Strong analytical thinking skills.
Ability to work in a culturally diversified workforce.
Strong computer skills.
Strong English skills, both oral and written.
High level communication and presentation skills.
COSCO has reviewed the jobs at its various office and operating sites and determined that many of these jobs include tasks or duties that could affect the safety or health of the employees performing these tasks or others. Accordingly, the Company has designated the following positions as safety-sensitive:
Positions within COSCO which are held by employees who receive Safety Training; or
Positions within COSCO which are held by employees who operate equipment or motor vehicles in furtherance of performing their COSCO job duties, including operating motor vehicles while on Company business or travel (for this purpose “motor vehicles” includes Company owned or leased motor vehicles and personal motor vehicles used by employees in furtherance of Company business or while on Company travel)
Benefits: Begin first day of employment
Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
Relocation assistance/Ex-Pat incentives
COSCO is an equal opportunity employer
Hanya pelamar yang memenuhi kualifikasi di atas yang akan dipanggil untuk melakukan tes lanjutan. Untuk itu jika Anda berminat dan memenuhi pelamar Lowongan Kerja Technical Advisor Geo Services Papua Juli 2018 Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold di atas, silahkan kirimkan lamaran Anda sebelum kadaluwarsa.